high performance barrier-absorber composite
Sorberbarrier is a unique composite noise control product that offers both excellent noise transmission loss and high noise absorption. It was developed to meet market requirements for reducing noise in industrial and domestic enclosure, OEM and marine markets.
Sorberbarrier combines the superior performance of the flexible mass barrier, Wavebar® together with the high absorption properties of Sorberfoam™. Wavebar is laminated to the Sorberfoam layer to alter the natural absorption curve enhancing sound absorption in mid to high frequencies.
Sorberfoam is applied by using a sophisticated process that optimises flow resistivity and maximises sound absorption. With a black finish and a more discreet look.
The high performance of Sorberbarrier is achieved by its unique construction. Placing the mass barrier between two layers of absorbing foam, keeps the barrier separate from the structure to which it is bonded, allowing it to remain flexible at all times. This increases the noise transmission loss.
Tests have revealed that altering the thickness of foam that separates the noise barrier from the structure, improves the product’s performance in some frequencies without an increase in overall weight.
Sorberbarrier targets specific frequency ranges. The combination, makes it the most versatile product for controlling noise in the market place.
Sorberbarrier® is a unique composite noise control product that offers both excellent noise transmission loss, high noise absorption and is available with different facing options.
Please refer to the Technical Data Sheet (TDS) for more information.
- SORBERBARRIER-TDS-43IP:Technical Data Sheet
- SORBERBARRIER-AGC-TDS-485IP:Technical Data Sheet
- Marine Summary:Brochure
- Sorberbarrier-Install-405-1IG:Installation Guide
- SORBERBARRIER-M-TDS-425IP:Technical Data Sheet
- SORBERBARRIER-PU-TDS-435IP:Technical Data Sheet
- SORBERBARRIER-V-TDS-445IP:Technical Data Sheet
- SORBERBARRIER-ML-AGC-TDS-475IP:Technical Data Sheet
- Transport Summary:Brochure
- Engine rooms in boats under CE Marine Survey
- Acoustic and thermal insulation for air conditioning duct work
- Acoustic insulation for plenum areas
- Power generation units
- Machinery and equipment enclosures
- Car, boat, truck and bus engine compartment, fire wall and bonnets
- Multi-function product: an absorber and barrier in one
- No ozone-depleting substances generated during manufacture
- Free from formaldehyde, phenolic resins and irritating fibres
- Engineered to resist degradation (foam rot) more than traditional acoustic foam
- Low spread of flame surface
- Quick and easily installed in awkward places
- Easy to cut, adhere or mechanically fasten into position
- Matching self-adhesive tape or sprayable coating, for sealing joins and edges of foam
- Can be constructed with other absorption products: eg Sorbermel