flexible noise barrier
Wavebar® is a high-performance, flexible mass-loaded vinyl noise barrier, offering superior acoustic transmission loss. Designed to meet market requirements it has been effectively used to reduce noise in building, commercial, industrial and automotive markets, globally.
The engineering team at Pyrotek® developed Wavebar® to be dense, thin, highly-flexible, tear-resistant and strong. These properties give the product high transmission loss throughout the various weight ranges.
Stiff lightweight panel constructions, such as plasterboard, drywall, plywood and hollow core walls, typically have coincidence dip resonance which allows noise to transmit through a construction.
The coincidence dip is dependent on the material’s stiffness and thickness and occurs at the point where the sound transmitted through the structure matches the natural frequency of the panel.
Our range of standard mass loaded vinyl barriers include ‘Wavebar®’, and ‘Wavebar® NC’ (Noise Curtain) with reinforced fabric backing offering strength and is self-supporting. The extraordinary strength of ‘Wavebar® NC’ with its versatility to hang or drape in long lengths favour its use as noise enclosures in industrial and construction sites.
Wavebar® is a high-performance, flexible mass-loaded vinyl noise barrier, offering superior acoustic transmission loss. Available in:
- various weights, widths, roll lengths and sheet sizes
- various laminates such as foil, metallised film, foams and polyesters
Please refer to the Technical Data Sheet (TDS) for more information.
- WAVEBAR-TDS-311IP:Technical Data Sheet
- WAVEBAR INSTALLATION GUIDE (CURTAIN):Installation Guide
- WAVEBAR INSTALLATION GUIDE (PLENUM SPACE):Installation Guide
- Wavebar and Quadzero:Brochure
- PYROTEK LNG & OFFSHORE CATALOGUE 2018:Catalogues
- WAVEBAR-TDS-US311IP:Technical Data Sheet
- WAVEBAR & QUADZERO LNG PIPE INSTALL GUIDE:Installation Guide
- Wavebar and Quadzero
- WP-How noise affects concentration:Brochure
- Inside cavities or over lightweight wall, ceiling and floor constructions
- Home theatre rooms, office partitions, meeting rooms
- Between the plenum chamber of a floor slab, the roof and adjoining partition walls
- Acoustic doors
- Automotive cabin application to reduce engine and road noise transmitting through a structure
- Can be laminated onto lightweight structures to damp vibration and reduce airborne noise
- Easily draped over fencing to create an acoustic barrier
- Can cut and install through obstructions – providing flexibility around pipes, ducts, cables etc.
- Resistant to most chemicals, solvents and petrol
- Free from lead, odour-producing oils and bitumen
- Resistant to weather and UV light
- Tear resistant with high tensile strength. Ability to be suspended in lengths of up to 5 metres