glass wool pipe and duct lagging
Soundlag 4525GW is Pyrotek’s standard grade, flexible acoustic lagging composite glass wool product. It was developed to reduce breakout noise from wastewater pipes, hydraulic pipes, and air-conditioning ducts.
Soundlag 4525GW consists of an aluminium foil-faced mass-loaded vinyl laminated to a decoupling layer. The decoupling layer is a 25 mm thick, non-combustible glass wool with a white scrim to prevent shedding of fibres. Soundlag 4525GW was designed to meet customer fire safety specifications.
.The highly dense and flexible mass layer provides excellent sound reduction properties.
Soundlag GW features a reinforced aluminium foil facing, noise barrier, and glass wool decoupling layer.
Soundlag 4525GW’s decoupling layer breaks the vibration path between the substrate and the mass barrier, allowing it to remain flexible – optimising acoustic performance.
All Soundlag products are easy to cut to size with a retractable utility knife, or scissors. They can be fitted following three easy steps – cut, wrap and tape.
Soundlag GW is a high-performance composite acoustic lagging product consisting of an aluminium foil-faced, mass-loaded, flexible vinyl noise barrier laminated to a glass wool decoupling layer.
Please refer to the Technical Data Sheet (TDS) for more information.
- Wastewater pipes
- Hydraulic pipes
- Compressor and pump wraps
- Air conditioning ducts and shrouds
- Fan housings
- Tested to ASTM E84 – complies to international building codes to meet fire safety requirements
- Heat and light reflective facing
- Class 0 aluminium foil facing
- Low spread of flame surface
- This product is classed as low VOC emitting material
- Free from odour-producing oils and bitumen
- Reduces breakout noise from hydraulic and waste
- water pipes
- Broad operating temperature range
- Varying range of weights and thicknesses
- The glass wool decoupling layer can be quilted with a fabric covering (4525QGW)
- Easy to bond using matching Tape ALR adhesive or equivalent tape
- Can be cut to size with ease using a retractable utility knife or scissors