combustion modified acoustic foam
Sorberfoam is the next generation of combustion modified, flexible acoustic foams, offering high noise absorption properties across a broad frequency range. It was developed to meet market requirements for reducing reverberation noise in the domestic, commercial, OEM and automotive markets.
In conjunction with leading laboratories and test facilities, Pyrotek has formulated and developed a polyurethane foam that outperforms traditional acoustic foams by controlling the cell size, porosity, density and the flow resistivity throughout the cell structure.
Sorberfoam has been proven to absorb substantially more energy across the entire frequency range than traditional polyurethane foams.
Traditional polyurethane foams often break down through hydrolysis (foam rot) under hot, humid and acidic conditions. Sorberfoam is engineered to resist degradation or foam rot.
Sorberfoam offers an alternative to mineral fibre products that tend to shed fibres during application. If not encapsulated, those fibrous products can be deemed a health hazard. The tendency for fibrous products to lose thickness over a period of time means their absorption properties will also be reduced.
Sorberfoam eliminates the hazards and offers an equal and safer alternative in noise absorption.
Sorberfoam is the next generation of combustion modified, flexible acoustic foams, offering high noise absorption properties across a broad frequency range. Sorberfoam is available with many facing options:
- Film (PU)
- Mylar (M)
- Perforated Vinyl (V)
- GC – Fire-rated Glass Cloth
- Aluminium Glass Cloth (AGC)
Please refer to the Technical Data Sheets (TDS) for more information.
- SORBERFOAM-TDS-211IP:Technical Data Sheet
- SORBERFOAM-AGC-TDS-221IP:Technical Data Sheet
- Marine Summary:Brochure
- Sorberfoam-Install-201-1IG:Installation Guide
- SORBERFOAM-V-TDS-261IP:Technical Data Sheet
- SORBERFOAM-PU-TDS-231IP:Technical Data Sheet
- SORBERFOAM-M-TDS-241IP:Technical Data Sheet
- SORBERFOAM-GC-TDS-271IP:Technical Data Sheet
- Recording studios, home theatre and music rooms
- Designed wedge shapes for anechoic chambers
- Enclosures, compressors and generator casings
- Decorative wall and ceiling absorbing panels
- Decorative faced hanging ceiling baffles
- Office partition screens
- Automotive engine bays, cabin and cavity linings
- Low cost, long lasting, with over 40 years’ industry use
- No ozone-depleting substances generated during manufacture
- Free from formaldehyde and phenolic resins
- Self-extinguishes upon flame removal
- Quick and easily installed in awkward places
- Easy to cut, adhere or mechanically fasten into position
- Hydrolysis (foam rot) resistant
- Does not shed irritating fibres
- Available in various widths, rolls or sheets
- Custom designs available, profile cut into 2D or 3D shapes
- Available with self-adhesive backing for ease of installation
- Available with various surface coverings such as aluminium reinforced foil, metallised film, perforate vinyl, urethane film, glass cloth and textiles
- All rolls are typically supplied at 1400mm (Untrimmed)